[TxMt] TextMate and C indention

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 06:52:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm a newbie to TextMate, recently I found it's auto-indention
behavior quite different from XCode and Vim. For example:

if I have:

    if (<condition>) blahblah;

When I hit return between if (...) and blah.., It will became:

    if (<condition>)
    blahblah;

But in XCode and Vim, it's correctly indented as:

    if (<condition>)
        blahblah;

The second problem is, in XCode or Vim when I have:

    if (<condition>)

then hit return, the caret will appear in the next line, and
increase the indention automatically, like (_ shows the caret):

    if (<condition>)
        _

then if I hit {, they could decrease the indention automatically,
too.

   if (<condition>)
   {_

But in TextMate, I could not found something like that.

Could you please tell me how to achieve this? Thanks.

Regards,
jjgod.