[TxMt] Replacement command for the C Library Bundle

Joachim Mårtensson joachimm at etek.chalmers.se
Fri Dec 15 03:31:29 UTC 2006

> Great work Joachim! Some comments:
>
> 1. ctrl-M might not be the most appropriate combo. In general ctrl-..
> combos are reserved for the user to use as they please.
I agree. But since the community has not yet decided on a common
completion key-combo, I thought I would use the same combo I used for the
Cocoa-completions

> 2. Is it possible for the command to have two fall-back options? a)
> If the current word/selection doesn't match the beginning of the
> command, then search anywhere in the command name.
that could work. I'll note it as a feature request.
> b) If that doesn't
> work either, then search in some "keyword list", perhaps in another
> file containing one line of keywords for each snippet. For starters,
> this could be taken possibly from the menu structure that the C
> Library menus were using, for now at least.
I think that such a feature comes pretty close to documentation lookup and
that it should be handled by a separate command, probably using a
treelayout with a searchfield.

> 3. Is it significantly more efficient to use the gz file instead of
> the txt file? With the txt file, it would be easier for the user to
> customize at will. In fact it might be nice to allow for a user-
> created file with similar format, and the command would then search
> in that file as well, in which case the original file can be kept at
> gz state without problems. Then another command would be allowing
> users to edit this file, kind of like the "Edit Configuration File"
> command in the LaTeX bundle works.
I reused the code from my Cocoa completions command, and there it makes a
huge difference in space saving.