[TxMt] auto backup to specific location

Lloyd Williams wlw3 at mac.com
Sun Dec 10 15:51:13 UTC 2006

Still new and confused about how to do this part:

Save: Current File
Command(s):
# Save a copy of this file to the backup directory
THEDATE=`php -r 'print date('Ymd');'`
THETIME=`php -r 'print date('His');'`
mkdir -p "$TM_BACKUP_DIR/$THEDATE"
perl -e 'while (<STDIN>) { print $_; }' > "$TM_BACKUP_DIR/$THEDATE/
$TM_FILENAME.$THEDATE.$THETIME.backup"
Std In: Entire Document
Std Out: Discard
Activation: Key Equivalent Cmd-S

Questions:
1. Do i create a file named Current and past the commands above.
2. Where do I save this file?
3. Is there someplace else this is entered.

Thank you,
Lloyd
-----

On Dec 10, 2006, at 10:53 , Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

Quoting Lloyd Williams <wlw3 at mac.com>:

> Is it possible for TextMate to auto back up a file a a specific
> location? I could find nothing in the manual or Help file. Thanks

Did you look at

http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/Howtos#BackupOnSave

?

-Hans

For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)