[TxMt] problem with R interaction [was math bundle feature request]

Christof Janssen janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri Dec 8 17:11:36 UTC 2006

Hello,

My first enthusiasm got an immediate stopper. After switching the
language environment to English and installing the newest version of
R (2.40), I was able to calculate 100^2 using the R bundle command R
 > Console > Execute Selection. Here is the result:
100^2
[1] 0

Now, I wanted to do the following calculation 1/1e-1 and thats the
answer:
1/1e-1
Fehler: syntax error

Of course the same calculation leads to the correct result when done
in the R console. Does anybody on this list have an idea what
happened here? - Obviously I have not entirely got rid of the German
localization in R. But is this likely the problem? Now it appears to
be an error message generated by R rather than by AppleScript or
whatsoever. I am lost.

May be, I need to trash R entirely, which I thought I had. Or is
there an alternative way to go (without R). Which bundle should I
look up if I wanted to write my own bundle for doing very simple math
(I don't know anything about ruby etc)?

JJ