[TxMt] math bundle feature request

janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri Dec 8 00:07:03 UTC 2006

> I personally use R for such things. You need to basically have R.app
> running on already for the shift-cmd-R thing to work, but then it
> does. And for your purposes, you can copy the command and modify it
> so that the output is set to replace selection. (Actually come to
> think of it, that would be a nice addition)

May be you can, but not me!

> Sorry I am running ahead of myself, I am talking about the command
> used by the "R Console" syntax, that's the one that tries to read the
>  output and insert it at the current location.

Using R > Console > Execute Selection I get this:

152:163: execution error: System Events got an error:
NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)

Unfortunately I don't know what that means. With R > Send Selection / Document
to R, I am successful, but then the result is not automatically stored in my
LaTeX document -- just in an R window, which is somewhat cumbersome to paste
back into textmate.

As you pointed out, speed may be not the most important issue for occasional
calculations. But how do I get rid of the error and how do I get the result
into my LaTeX document? I really would love to keep these simple calculations
as comments in my LateX source code. This way it would be easier for me
to keep
track of possible errors.

JJ