[TxMt] math bundle feature request

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Dec 7 23:47:31 UTC 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:29 PM, janssen at ccr.jussieu.fr wrote:

> I don't know whether others miss this feature. I would certainly
> welcome
> such extended functionality or some experienced guidance how to
> achieve the same
> functionality with existing bundles. Using the R bundle I tried to
> send commands
> to R, which I found very slow (and not what I would find useful),
> and also to
> execute R on the selection, but only to the effect of receiving an
> error
> message.

I personally use R for such things. You need to basically have R.app
running on already for the shift-cmd-R thing to work, but then it
does. And for your purposes, you can copy the command and modify it
so that the output is set to replace selection. (Actually come to
think of it, that would be a nice addition)
Sorry I am running ahead of myself, I am talking about the command
used by the "R Console" syntax, that's the one that tries to read the
output and insert it at the current location. At some point in the
future this will stop using applescript, and instead rely on
something like running R in the background at all times, so it will
be faster.

It will be a bit slow I guess, but I am assuming you are talking
about computations here and there. Otherwise you'll probably want, if
you are comfortable with R, to do most of the work there and import
the results from there into your LaTeX document.
> JJ

Haris