[TxMt] another PATH question (well, sort of)

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Thu Dec 7 19:13:33 UTC 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 12:45 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2006, at 11:05 AM, Rob McBroom wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to make TextMate generally/globally aware
>> that `/usr/local/bin` exists now (as though it existed the first
>> time I ran TextMate)? Thanks in advance.
>
> Read the "Important" paragraph at:
>
> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path

I actually found the clue I needed further up when I saw the note
about `bash_init.sh`. I thought all things `bash` were still at the
defaults since I never run it, but I had apparently added `/usr/local/
bin` to its PATH a long time ago on the older system. Adding it to `/
etc/profile` on the new system fixed things. Thanks all for the
suggestions and for the nudge in the right direction.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.