[TxMt] Re: C Library bundle MONSTER

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Dec 7 18:36:12 UTC 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:

> It is good to get documentation within your editor. There were two
> issues I think. One is the conflation of autocompletion and
> accessing documentation. Since Thomas Aylott is addressing
> autocompletion, let me make a remark about documentation. I don't
> think that it is useful to have documentation inserted into the
> document that you are working on. Far better to have a command that
> will open the documentation in a separate window. It is easy to
> pipe man pages into an html window (and you can take advantage of
> the built in CSS to boot). So I must agree that it would be better
> if the documentation for the C library followed the model provided
> by control-H in other bundles.

This already exists. Make sure the "Shell Script" bundle is not
filtered out (the relevant command is there, that's why it needs to
be not filtered out. It can however not be the current language, C
would do just fine as well). Then ctrl-H offers man pages
documentation for the current word, and this includes all the C
Library commands I believe. And all without ever having to leave TM!

For instance try "utime + ctrl-H"

> All the best, Mark

Haris