[TxMt] Re: TextMate Code Completion

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Thu Dec 7 13:17:22 UTC 2006

I would like to add my vote for strongly considering code completion
in TM.  It's the one area that I've had to work around in replacing
my old web development tools.  I abhor wizards and the like, but when
I'm in the middle of typing 'text' in a stylesheet, it's really nice
to have it offer me '-indent' and '-decoration', etc.  Upon selecting
an option (pressing enter) I'm used to it determining the context and
building the necessary structure, in this case the colon and
semicolon.  CSSEdit does a pretty decent job with this type of
completion, within the realm of a CSS file, of course.

Personally, I agree with the earlier sentiment that if a solid code
completion base were built, then those of us with language specific
needs could begin tweaking and building the necessary libraries for
each language.  This would be a huge boon to TM, IMHO.

Brett