[TxMt] Re: C Library bundle MONSTER

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 02:41:37 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, William D. Neumann <wneumann at cs.unm.edu> wrote:

> So?  Pretty much the only discussions I see before new bundles appear are
> along the lines of:
>
> A: Hey, is there a bundle for X?
> B: Nope.  Why don't you whip one up and add it to the repository?

Not true. There is quite a lot of discussion here and on the SVN list
about new bundles.
Another factor is that Allan request changes or revert what he think
doesn't fit well. He often removes one or two commands (compared to
1299!) he thinks are not necessary for common usage.
I can't speak for him but I'm pretty sure Allan would have remove the
bundle even faster.

> So why not leave it in until those better solutions appear?

Why don't you host it?
A lot of bundles are not in the TM repository at first and are
included later eventually, as there is a controversy, it seems a good
path to follow.

Seriously William, 1299 snippets! Get real. I agree with jacob that it
would be a bad precedent.

Just my 0.2 EUR