[TxMt] Re: Mathematica

Jenny Harrison harrison at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 4 21:58:37 UTC 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:02 AM, rafale labosk wrote:
>   whether people realize it or not, TM
> can be used as a semantic outliner for text. If you
> set up your metadata in the Finder's smart folder
> structure, you can leverage that into tmproj for text
> manipulation. For it to really work, some sort of
> basic sort mechanism in the tmproj pane has to be in
> place. Plus, your text files in tmproj have to be
> small. While I have not tried it, I'm assuming you
> should be able to link text in different files under
> one of the html schemes. This is something worth
> exploring I think.

I keep waiting for a text outliner in TM and would not be surprised
if Allan had one up his sleeve for 2.0.  There is  already a 'Show
Outline" command in the Latex bundle, that is clickable, but  not
dynamic.  More II fans are still waiting, as nothing has come along
that was as slick as that program, including OmniOutliner.   But TM
has real possibilities.

Jenny

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)