[TxMt] Blogging bundle markup not working

Grant Hollingworth grant at antiflux.org
Mon Dec 4 21:38:19 UTC 2006

* Brett Terpstra <brett at circlesixdesign.com> [2006-11-30 06:38]:
>I'm curious about this as well.  On Allan's suggestion I got into
>using Markdown, but switched back to coding HTML because Wordpress
>wasn't converting the Markdown.  I assumed there was a plugin that I
>was too lazy to install, but was also under the impression that the
>blogging bundle performed a conversion before posting.  I never
>bothered to look into it, but if someone has an easy answer, I'm all
>ears.

The blogging bundle sends the Markdown text as-is.  It's up to your blog software to do the conversion.

I don't use Wordpress, but a quick search found PHP Markdown.

http://www.michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/

    PHP Markdown is already bundled with WordPress.
    [...]
    Activate the plugin with the administrative interface of WordPress. In the “Plugins” section you will now find Markdown. To activate the plugin, click on the “Activate” button on the same line than Markdown. Your entries will now be formatted by PHP Markdown.