[TxMt] need guidance on snippets

Lewis Overton akakie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:47:10 UTC 2006

First, apologies for multiple posts. I'm not seeing my own posts, despite
mailman preferences.

The best answer is to type the title correctly, since Title Case is not just
capitalizing every word. It is actually complex. Rules from Gregg include:

> (360) Capitalize all words with four or more letters. Also, capitalize all
> words with fewer than four letters, except articles, short conjunctions and
> short prepositions.
>
> (361) (a) Capitalize the first and last word of a title; (b) capitalize
> the first word following a dash or colon; (c) capitalize short words in
> titles that serve as adverbs rather than prepositions; (d) capitalize short
> prepositions when used with prepositions of four-or-more letters (such as
> "Sailing Up and Down the St. Lawrence"); (e) do not capitalize word-wraped
> words.

There are other rules and gobs of exceptions. Algorithms can get close,
however. Textmate has Text -> Convert -> to title case which does fairly
well. I had hoped to find a way to use that function, since a program to get
close is 10-15 lines of code.

I also wanted to learn how to use transforms, since I found the write up in
the manual kind of obscure.

Thanks for your patience.
Lewy