[TxMt] textmate_bundle.log file path changeable?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Dec 3 06:13:36 UTC 2006

On Dec 2, 2006, at 11:52 PM, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
>
>> Uhh, what specifically is creating this file? I've never seen it
>> before, and certainly don't have it anywhere on my disk.
>
> It seems to be related to the Rails bundle:
>
>  > grep -R textmate_bundle.log /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
> SharedSupport/Bundles
>
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
> Rails.tmbundle/Support/lib/rails/unobtrusive_logger.rb:$logger =
> UnobtrusiveLogger.new("#{ENV["HOME"]}/textmate_bundle.log")
>
> I'm not a Rails user, but I guess one could change it to, e.g., "/
> tmp/textmate_bundle.log", but of course it should be done in a
> local copy of (part of) the bundle, so it is not overwritten by the
> next TextMate update (well it would work for at least 9 weeks :-) ).

On the contrary, this should change in the actual bundle I think, I
don't know much about the Rails bundle, but no application has the
right to write anything anywhere in the user's home directory, except
for the Library folder, without the user asking for it:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/
BPFileSystem/Articles/WhereToPutFiles.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/
TP40001411-111946

> Kind regards, Benny

Haris