[TxMt] tiny improvements for perlmate.rb

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Dec 1 16:17:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

there is still a problem with STDERR.

Some packages write messages directly to STDERR. So, to hide stderr
in perlmate.rb makes problems.

Example:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Foundation;

$f= NSString->foo("H");

STDERR:
**** ERROR **** PerlObjCBridge: sendObjcMessage: Can't get
NSMethodSignature for message "foo"
Undefined subroutine &__PACKAGE__::die called at /System/Library/Perl/
Extras/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/PerlObjCBridge.pm line 230.

But my latest exception_handler.pm only gets the info:

System Error: Undefined subroutine &__PACKAGE__::die called

      in PerlObjCBridge.pm at line 230.

*** ERROR **** PerlObjCBridge: ... is written to STDERR

So my question still is how to redirect this avoiding to modify
scriptmate.rb???

Any hints ;)

-Hans

ps I already solved the problem to 'htmlize' the error messages.