[TxMt] Double click between words

Mark Lacas junk at stuffthis.net
Mon Aug 28 15:43:36 UTC 2006

Hello,
   I've done some experiments with double clicks between words and it
seems inconsistent and not very useful compared to BBEdit.
I've been trying to switch from BBEdit in all cases but am finding it
sometimes difficult and extra work and clicks.

When I double click between two words:

Series of spaces get selected - correct
One tab - selects the word before the tab instead of the tab - wrong
Series of tabs - selects the tabs - correct
Series of spaces framed by words with single quote or double quote -
selects the spaces and the quotes - wrong
Series of tabs framed by words with single quote or double quote -
selects the tabs and the quotes - wrong
Series of spaces framed by words with $ - selects the spaces and the
$ - very wrong, really messes up perl
Series of tabs framed by words with $ - selects the tabs and the $ -
very wrong, really messes up perl

Why would it try to remove the $ in front of variables when all I
wanted to do was remove the spaces or change them to tabs?

In all cases it seems the invisible space between the words should be
selected, but nothing else.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
ml