[TxMt] Version control menu tweak

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Sat Aug 26 11:09:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006/08/26, at 06:20, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 26/8/2006, at 1:30, Joshua Keroes wrote:
>
>> When using version control, my commits outnumber my adds by an order
>> of magnitude or two. That being the case, why give "Add to
>> repository"
>> top billing on these menus?
>>
>> I've reordered the version control menus  on my system roughly in
>> order of usage. Huffman would be proud - they all start with "Commit"
>> now. :-)
>
> The menu supports pressing A-Z to jump down to the first item which
> starts with the pressed letter.
>
> So for me, commit: ⌃⇧A + C + ↩.

Yep, I use this a lot. Problem is that 'D' will jump to a Diff option
that doesn't seem to be the most likely to be used (which is Diff
with HEAD).

I'm OK with ⌃⇧A + LETTER + ↩, but maybe we should order the
options inside the same LETTER to some "sane-for-the-majority"?

I know I'm getting myself in a lot of trouble when I use words like
"majority".

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo