[TxMt] Blogging bundle issues and questions

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Aug 26 05:47:56 UTC 2006

On 25/8/2006, at 18:16, G M wrote:

> [...] Most people will use MarsEdit and the like [...]

How do you know that? <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?word1=%
22blogging+from+marsedit%22&word2=%22blogging+from+textmate%22> :)

> The first, is that the blog setup suggests writing the endpoint URL as
> http://username@site.com, but usernames for my weblog app are email
> addresses, so this doesn't work (http://user@site.com@site.com
> obviously won't work) [...]

I added an URL-decoding step after extracting the username/password.
So with the latest version you should be able to use http://user%
40site.com at site.com.

> 1. It will say '--button1' in the field when it prompts you.

Is this posting, fetching, or both? I tried configuring an end-point
w/o a username but saw no irregularities.

> 2. It won't remember your username and will keep asking you (it does,
> however, remember you password).

It could pre-populate the string with the previous username. But it
should of course keep asking for it when no explicit name is set in
the post or the configuration.

> Now, it does allow you to connect, and that's great. However, there is
> an issue when posting/updating posts. While it does successfully post
> and update, it also ALWAYS errors. The first line becomes:
>
> 2006-08-25 12:07:00.341 open[4844] No such file:
> /Users/garrett/Library/Preferences/this_is_a_test_yep
>
> Now, the error is different depending on the user, setup, etc. But
> it's something like this. In this case, garrett is my username
> (obviously), and this_is_a_test_yep is the permalink for this post.
>
> What's causing this?

I have no idea. Does fetching also give that error?