[TxMt] Collaberation

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:41:49 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Niko Dittmann <ni-di at web.de> wrote:
> Am 14.08.2006 um 02:03 schrieb Allan Odgaard:
> > On 10/8/2006, at 23:20, Nicholas Cole wrote:
> > […]
> > But this is pretty low-priority as most users do not need
> > collaborative editing, but would benefit from a lot of other
> > "missing" features -- those users which do need collaborative
> > editing, well, there already is a great product which does it with
> > all the bells and whistles ;)
> right. for me at least collaboration in SEE is a really nice toy… but
> i never really used it.
>
> hardly related… but i still like SEEs "mark changes"-feature. even in
> sinlge user mode (pun not intended) it's quite useful.

I haven't used SEE. but I did try out Eclipse for day or two, and
although it wasn't really my thing, it had a great feature which
constantly diffed your changes against the saved version, marking the
diff colours in the margin (rather than over the whole line).  You
could right click on any line in the margin and revert changes to just
that line.  It was brilliant as an undo feature and in reminding
yourself what you had changed.  When yo0u want to undo something you
did 10 changes ago it's a godsend.

Ed