[TxMt] GTDalt and tmcodebrowser

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Sat Aug 19 16:16:28 UTC 2006

Michael McCracken recently posted [1] some small (non-TM) hacks for
displaying text. His TextShape tool is pretty cool, and TextStructure
reminded me of Gerd's TmCodeBrowser plugin, though it adds the neat
feature of marking up the symbols list with little pointers as you
navigate through the file -- pretty cool.

Anyway, I started exploring tmcodebrowser again, and I whipped up a
couple of tiny, trivial lines to add to one's ~/.ctags.tmcodebrowser
file to add support for GTDalt. If anybody's interested, the
following will just show in the codebrowser window a list of projects
in the current .gtd file -- just one more way of displaying your
GTDalts, beyond Haris's great remind/geektool displays. It's handy if
you want to keep a snapshot of the overall set of projects in a very
long .gtd file.

--langdef=gtdalt
--langmap=gtdalt:.gtd
--regex-gtdalt=/^[\t ]*project (.*)$/\1/project/

[1] http://michael-mccracken.net/wp/

-Alan