[TxMt] Script to look up selected MacOS API

Yvon Thoraval yvon_thoraval at mac.com
Mon Aug 14 07:13:15 UTC 2006

Le 12 juil. 06 à 05:04, Ryan Wilcox a écrit :

> The script is posted below. Hopefully it will be useful to you
> Carbon programmers out there, or maybe the kind Unix hands will see
> some optimization I can use to make it faster.

fine, thanxs for your script !

by the way, i'm in order to add a C extension to Ruby (the skeleton
of my C class has been tested and also i do have an ObjC working
version).

then i want to add a Carbon function to my c file :

   CFURLRef url = CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath(kCFAllocatorDefault,
(CFStringRef)alias_path, kCFURLPOSIXPathStyle, NO);

and for that purpose added :

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#import <CoreServices/CoreServices.h>

in my headers file, then i got numerous of errors, if i add only :

include "/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon/CFURL.h" i get this error :

In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/
CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Headers/
OSServices.h:45,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/
CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:25,
                  from /Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon/CFURL.h:1,
                  from RAliasFile.c:7:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/
OSServices.framework/Headers/OpenTransport.h:723: error: parse error
before numeric constant

i think their is one translation to di before using those headers ???

Yvon