[TxMt] How can I make every file in a given (project) directory use shell script syntax highlighting

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Aug 14 00:12:13 UTC 2006

On 12/8/2006, at 18:40, William Scott wrote:

> These include various files that are sourced, as well as shell
> script/function files.  Since the latter have #!/bin/zsh at the
> top, textmate does the right thing, but I would also like the other
> files, that set up my environment, define aliases, and so forth, to
> use the same syntax highlighting, even though they do not have #!/
> bin/zsh at the top.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?

TextMate only has syntax highlight for bash shell scripts, but I
guess you’re fine using that for your zsh stuff!?!

If the files has no special extension or no first-line marker, the
only way to record that they are shell scripts is by putting the
entire filename in the fileTypes array.

You can find that if you select Edit Languages and locate the Shell
Script language grammar. You will see it already has the names of
most of the (bash specific) profiles.