[TxMt] Collaberation

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Aug 14 00:03:18 UTC 2006

On 10/8/2006, at 23:20, Nicholas Cole wrote:

> But my original request still stands, and there are protocols for
> allowing
> multiple people to edit a document - one of which would make a lovely
> addition to text mate.

AFAIK the SubEthaEdit protocol is closed, I have not asked them if
they are interested in documenting it.

Libobby is an Open Source protocol / implementation for synchronized
document buffers. I have not looked closer at it. They are working on
a revised v2.0 of the protocol where the implementation should be
LGPL or similar.

But this is pretty low-priority as most users do not need
collaborative editing, but would benefit from a lot of other
“missing” features -- those users which do need collaborative
editing, well, there already is a great product which does it with
all the bells and whistles ;)