[TxMt] Blogging: Post to Wordpress messes up date

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Aug 13 22:43:49 UTC 2006

On 6/8/2006, at 5:54, Gerd Knops wrote:

>>> [...] Wordpress is set to show times as UTC -0500.
>> WP is buggy. It does very strange things with the time zone
>> offset, so everything but a zero offset is going to cause problems.
>>
>> I did start a patch, but there was too much I did not understand
>> in their code.
> Any chance we can revert then to the previous state where the WP
> date was not touched at all?

We should then make a check so that it only applies to WP systems
[1], as I expect majority of blog systems can handle dates correctly
(the previous behavior was to not send the date at all, due to a bug,
which was fixed because a user actually requested this working.)

[1] We might need an environment variable, since a WP system using UTC
+0000 (like mine :) ) does work fine with WP.