[TxMt] Spinning beach ball for 10-20 seconds on TM focus

Chris Boone hypsometry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 02:35:25 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, Sean Schertell <sean at datafly.net> wrote:
> Almost every time I switch from some other app to TM, the cursor goes
> beach ball on me for about 10 or 20 seconds before giving TM the
> focus. It really sucks for web page development since I'm constantly
> flipping between the browser and TM.
>
> One thing that may be a factor is that my site is located on an AFP
> share on another box on my network as a mounted volume.

Yeah, I'm seeing this too. I can't vouch for when it started, since I
just started using a project on an AFP volume. And the delays
definitely seem to correlate with AFP. :(

One thing I've noticed is that the situation seems to improve
slightly, for a while at least, when I quit and reopen TM. FWTW.

--
Chris Boone, Hypsometry
http://hypsometry.com/