[TxMt] Emacs like "Tab Stop List"

Carsten Hoever hoever at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 09:11:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

at the moment I have to write some code in ancient Fortran77 (don't ask ;-) ).
I am nearly going nuts about the fixed column structure a Fortran77 source
code has to (at least in my case) obey to:

column	function
1		comment sign (c,*)
1-5		statement label
6		continuation sign if line wrap in previous line
7-72		actual code

The problem is that this fixed source form makes it very hard to work with any
special tab stop size, even with "Soft tabs" turned on as I don't need to
access any column between 1-5, but instead would like to go from 1 to 6 to 7
(and vice versa!).

In emacs I would be able to specifiy a tab stop list, i.e. a list with the
actual columns a tab should bring me to, e.g.: 6, 7, 11, 15, 19...

Is there any way to simulate something in Textmate? I am tired of adding and
deleting spaces manually in order to obey to that structure.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, a search in the WiKi and the
archives didn't bring up anything.

Bye,

Carsten

BTW: Congrats for the award Allan, TextMate really deserved it!