[TxMt] Congrats to Allan and TextMate for...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Aug 9 06:40:21 UTC 2006

On 08/08/2006, at 20.52, Ken Anderson wrote:

> ... winning the Apple Design Award for Best Developer Tool!

Thanks! One of the features shown on stage was that the presenter
could scroll through two screen heights or more of supported
languages, something I am of course grateful to the community for
having created!

> Daring Fireball reports that there was "raucous applause when this
> [award] was announced."

I believe TextMate was also the only app to get an extra spontaneous
applause during the presentation of the product (done by an Apple
employee which did a tremendous job demonstrating something as
"boring" as a text editor compared to many of the other visual entries.)

And btw: for people who hasn't figured, I am currently in SF and on
average online an hour or so per day, so I am not reading most of the
email I get, much less replying to it.

I will be back monday/tuesday and catching up.