[TxMt] Save Dialogue: File Extension Highlighted

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Aug 5 14:08:23 UTC 2006

On 5/8/2006, at 14:30, Takaaki Kato wrote:

> When I try saving a file, the save dialogue appears, whose name
> field is, let's say, "untitled.html". In this case, all the letters
> including html are highlighted. [...]

This is a system dialog so I don’t really have any saying in this
(I’d prefer it as well.)

The way the system prefers programs to work is instead to just hide
the extension entirely, but I don’t think that’s too appropriate with
a text editor where you use many different extensions for the various
document types.