[TxMt] Bug: Characters deleted following '$' when command inserts as snippet

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat Aug 5 04:41:09 UTC 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 18:56, Andy Kish wrote:

> System is OS X 10.4.7. TM version 1.5.3 (1200). Same error occurs
> on another system with unknown information (we corresponded over
> email...).
>
> To reproduce:
> 1. Create a new command. Enter a short, non-shell script printing
> out '$' at some point.
> Ex:
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> print "test: $SIG{}"
> 2. Make sure the output mode is set to "Insert as Snippet".
> 3. Run command in a document.
>
> Expected result: Document shows the result of the program. e.g.
> "test: $SIG{}"
>
> Actual result: Document shows result with characters removed
> following and including '$'. e.g. "test: {}" Note that the removal
> stopped at what is generally a "special" character.

Try reading the help entry for snippets. Just a few lines in it says:
"If you use snippets to insert plain text there is only one thing you
should be aware of: $ and ` are reserved characters. So if you want
to insert one of these, prefix it with an escape (i.e. \$). An escape
not followed by one of these two characters (or followed by another
escape) will be inserted as a literal character."