[TxMt] Weirdest bug ever.

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Thu Aug 3 22:19:53 UTC 2006

I actually don't believe this happened ... but really ... it just did.

I've been working on a project of mine. It was opened via:
File > Open Recent > ProjectFolderName

So some background.

There is no .proj file or whatever it is .. it's not a "TextMate
Project" .. I just drag my project folder onto TextMate.

It's been open for a while, and has many folders/files inside it ...
it's a mixed Java/Python project and I was shuffling some folders
around via the Eclipse Navigator pane (I switch between TextMate and
Eclipse, depending on wether I'm in Python or Java mode).

While I was in Eclipse, I moved my python source folder to a
different directory .. did some more coding for a while and came back
to TextMate.

Everything's kosher. The folders updated correctly in the TextMate's
project drawer. I opened some python files .. doing some housekeeping
and I decided that I'd like to add a new python file.

So I [Right Click > New File ...] on my python folder in the project
drawer and enter the name for the file "utils.py" and hit Create.

The file opens up and *bang* there's a mess load of code in it. In
fact, it was code from another utils.py file that is somewhere (very
far away) on my HD.

Weird ... now there are two utils.py files in my project drawer.
Though clicking on either one brings up the same file.

So I right-click > remove it .. quit and restart textmate and
everything's ok. No utils.py file anymore, so I right-click > create
it and now it's blank.

Everything's seemingly normal at the moment ... I'm not even sure I
can repeat that, just wanted to send it out there.

-steve