[TxMt] Moving Project Drawer suggestion/request

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Wed Aug 2 19:40:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

Not to hijack the thread, but it's related ...

I just wanted to point out that in the Omni* applications, option-
clicking on the "show drawer" buttons (in some toolbar) makes an open
drawer alternate between which side it's on.

So, for example, if the drawer is open on the left and you hit option-
click on the "Show Drawer" button, it shoots it over to the right,
and vice versa.

Maybe this is something that could be considered for TextMate,
although we only have a menu-item ... perhaps if you hold down option
and click on the View > __ Project Drawer option it could shoot it to
the right or left.

Of course it still wouldn't be immediately obvious to the user and
one might never find it on their own, so this question will still
always come up, but it would be useful once you know it's there :-)

... if it's not too hard to do, I think it could be helpful.

Thanks,
-steve