[TxMt] How do I move project drawer to left hand side?

Bob Monsour bmonsour at Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 2 19:10:48 UTC 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Patrick Burleson wrote:

> On 8/2/06, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
>>
>> This happens to me quasi-frequently and the process above is a bit of
>> a pain.  I would love a hidden option to force the drawer to always
>> open on the side I prefer...
>>

> The last time I remember this coming up on the list, I seem to
> remember Allan saying he has no control over the side the drawer comes
> out. It's all controlled by OS X.
>
> <rant flamesuit="true">
> The drawer and the crazy way Shift-Arrow keys work for selecting items
> are quite possibly the worst UI mistakes Apple has made.
> </rant>

Sorry to go "off topic", but in the interest in aiding at least those
who find the above rant problem particularly acute in Apple Mail (as
I have), there is a solution.

It can be found here:

	http://end.com/speth/2006/07/fixing-gods-horrible-mistakes/

Hope that helps at least some of you. It keeps my mouth from spewing
occasional unspeakables (at least for Mail).

Regards,
-Bob