[TxMt] Recreating bbinclude in TextMate?

Ken Anderson kena at cs.colorado.edu
Tue Aug 1 21:53:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

After a quick search of the TextMate Wiki and archives of this list,
I am writing to ask about TextMate's ability to support a useful
feature related to BBEdit's support for creating websites.

In particular, BBEdit has a feature called "bbinclude" that allows
one to insert statements like

<!-- #bbinclude "footer.html" -->
<!-- end bbinclude -->

into an HTML file. You can then "update" the host file and BBEdit
pulls in the text from the referenced file and includes it in the
host file.

For instance, my footer.html file looks like this:

and when I run the update command, it generates text like this:

<!-- #bbinclude "footer.html" -->
<!-- end bbinclude -->

I love TextMate and use it for a variety of tasks, including the
creation of HTML pages, BUT, I miss BBEdit's bbinclude functionality.

Is there anyway to recreate this functionality in TextMate? I'm
currently using simple snippets with tab triggers to mimic a portion
of this functionality but sometimes I'd like to update multiple
sections of an HTML file at once and tab-triggered snippets are not
sufficient to address that need. In addition, I'd love to have the
ability to update all the HTML files contained within a TextMate
project  with one command. Possible?

Suggestions / feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

--
Kenneth M. Anderson              | Phone: 303-492-6003
Associate Professor              | Fax  : 303-492-2844