[TxMt] using rsync to enable the project drawer while working on a remote server

jeff ganyard textmate at bebop.net
Sun Apr 30 16:42:30 UTC 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 6:41 PM, charles stuart wrote:

> Hi, I googled and found a post in 2004.
> 	http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-October/
> 001041.html
>
> It was exactly what I was looking for. It took me a while to figure
> it out so I documented it (roughly) incase other's would find it of
> use.
> 	http://enure.net/post/article/using-rsync-to-enable-the-project-
> drawer-in-textmate-while-working-on-a-remote-server
>
> Let me know of any mistakes/suggestions.

Hi Charles, et al

still feeling may way around TextMate but I noticed your post with
interest. I'm most of the way there but perhaps you (or someone,
anyone) could clue me in on how to finish things up.

In the Command Editor, I've set "Save:" to 'All File in Project"

After testing hardcoded values in terminal and verifying that
everything works as expected, I pasted your TM_VARIABLE based version
of the command into the "Command(s):" textfield.

And instead of executing the command, I just wanted it to echo the
populated command back to me. And the construct "${TM_SSH_USER:+
$TM_SSH_USER@}$TM_SSH_HOST:$TM_SSH_REMOTE_PATH" is only coming back
as ":"

What did I miss? Where do those values get set??

tia,
   jeff