[TxMt] Close Last Tag Shortcut

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 28 12:40:50 UTC 2006

On 28/4/2006, at 7:57, John Tsombakos wrote:

> Is there a keyboard shortcut to close the most recently opened HTML
> tag? For example, I typed [...]

And because of that:

Here you have it, the first [screencast to demonstrate HTML editing]
[1] (8 MB).

It’s a bit short in content as it only shows how to create HTML tags
(and a bit of multi-line editing towards the end), but at seven and a
half minute, I figured it was best to keep it like that, and I guess
tag creation is the number one productivity gain for HTML writers.

The things demonstrated are (from the HTML bundle):

  * Insert Open/Close Tag (With Current Word)
  * per tag snippets
  * Wrap Selection in Open/Close Tag
  * Wrap Each Selected Line in Open/Close Tag
  * Insert Closing Tag

And my sidestepping show how to re-indent, fold, and edit a bunch of
list items, including how to edit the end of each line, when they
have variable lengths, using Edit Each Line in Selection.

[1]: http://macromates.com/screencast/insert_html_tags.mov