[TxMt] A Feature I would kill (and pay for) true Xcode integration...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 28 05:29:40 UTC 2006

On 27/4/2006, at 20:53, Vinay Venkatesh wrote:

> [...] I, for one, would certainly be willing to pay for this
> feature.  That is, I already own TM, and I would happily buy
> another license for this product for $40.  What are the odds,
> difficulties, etc of this?

I haven’t studied Xcode (internals), but it would likely be a hell of
a lot of work, and require a lot of hacking.

Personally I have scraped Xcode and work exclusively in TextMate, it
has both build and run actions (for Xcode projects). Sadly though, I
need Xcode to tweak project settings, adding files and such. For this
reason, I am considering switching to makefiles, as it would also
allow more automation, i.e. base the project on the on-disk
structure, rather than have to mimic that in the Xcode project.