[TxMt] REVISION 985

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:49:46 UTC 2006

> [CHANGED] When erasing a key equivalent (by clicking the X), the
> input control will resign as first responder (i.e. lose focus).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

> [NEW] It’s now possible to change the key equivalent used for the
> bundle items pop-up menu in the status bar. This is done by setting
> the OakBundleItemsPopUpMenuKeyEquivalent defaults property to the
> key string. The default is "^\033" (control-Escape). This key does
> have very low precedence.

How does one find the key string value for a key? For instance F3. I
found some unicode codes here:
http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/Site/Cocoa%20Text%20System.html
and also this little app that tells you various codes here:
http://www.petermaurer.de/nasi.php?section=keycodes
This program, for ctrl-escape, gave me:

Unicode:		27 / 0x1b
Keys:		^Escape
Key Code:	53 / 0x35
Modifiers:	262401 / 0x40101

And for F3 gave me:

Unicode:		63238 / 0xf706
Keys:		F3
Key Code:	99 / 0x63
Modifiers:	8388864 / 0x800100

Are any of these numbers the right thing? I'm worried because I am
not seeing \033 in either of these entries.

Haris