[TxMt] Multiple simultaneous arbitrary caret locations (with optional highlighting)

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 25 15:32:28 UTC 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, thomas Aylott wrote:

> Excellent points, all.
> Maybe we'll just come up with some random command to make it work
> by replacing the document with a snippet.

Probably once we get mouse gestures, then the snippet idea might
actually work (at least for the first command click), reasonably well.
Of course, we could, even now, have a key that inserts a "special
character", and once you've inserted all the special characters at
each location you want, then have a command that reads the entire
document and inserts it as a snippet, replacing those special
characters with $1 or something. We could build this as is now, and
make it require less keystrokes once mouse gestures are around.

Not sure what the scaling performance of inserting the entire
document as a snippet is, but it's worth a try.

> Obviously it couldn't work exactly the same. :D
>
> Thanks for letting us down easily

Haris