[TxMt] Infinite wait with opendiff

Aparajita Fishman aparajita at aparajitaworld.com
Tue Apr 25 15:07:52 UTC 2006

>> [...] I have tried using & to execute opendiff as a background
>> process, but that didn't help. Any ideas?
>
> Also add &>/dev/null (before the &). Otherwise TextMate will still
> wait for the command to exit (since it doesn’t properly detach from
> stdout).

Thanks, that did the trick. You might want to add that trick to the
documentation for writing commands, it's a fairly important thing to
know for those of us who are not yet Unix geeks.

Regards,

    Aparajita
    www.aparajitaworld.com

    "If you dare to fail, you are bound to succeed."
    - Sri Chinmoy   |   www.srichinmoylibrary.com