[TxMt] discoverability, activation and scaling

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sun Apr 23 23:37:54 UTC 2006

On 22/04/2006, at 9:09, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Yes, I agree. I do not want these in the Subversion bundle as other
> than either “hidden” behind the option key, or as environment
> variable toggled.
> Keeping them in its own bundle for now I think is best, and then
> not use the ctrl-shift A key, because that ruins the ‘type to
> select’ feature of the menu system. So probably use ctrl-shift-cmd A.

[Not addressed to anyone in particular:]

In the long run, I think it could be really useful with multikey
shortcuts... given the number of bundles and the number of commands
one wants available at all times. It would be easier to set up some
sort of hierachy that way, and easier to avoid clashes.  I'm not
saying this should be used all the time, but then the primary items
could carry normal hotkeys, and all the not so often used ones could
have the secondaries.

This is not a feature suggestions as such; I know it's been up and is
somewhere on a list of things to consider. Just making a point,
seeing how every now and then the problem of 'what hotkey should we
use' comes up.

-- Sune.