[TxMt] "documentation" block comments (esp. Java)

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Sat Apr 22 11:55:45 UTC 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> So if /** … **/ is de facto for javadoc, it might be appropriate to
> keep it as comment.documentation.

It's /** … */, actually. :-)

> That said, I am not aware of anything which makes use of the scope,
> but it could e.g. be useful to have spell checking enabled only in
> documentation comments (as regular comments are often used to
> comment out code).

It's not a big deal, I suppose.  I see where this relationship
wouldn't apply to other languages, and it's not a huge problem to
specify both scopes for those snippets.

Brian Lalor / blalor at bravo5.org

"[Pickup trucks] are, to the world of cars, what Mexican food is to
the world of cuisine. They exist, they are popular in Texas, and, er,
that’s it." -- Jeremy Clarkson