[TxMt] Spreadsheets in Textmate

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 21 22:51:21 UTC 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> Haris,
>
> You might want to check the MultiMarkdown table syntax.  It would
> be really cool if your spreadsheet just turned into a nicely
> formatted table.   The syntax is here:  http://
> fletcher.freeshell.org/wiki/MultiMarkdown

Good idea! Should not be too hard to do i think. I'll have a look at
it. Are you thinking of it as an exporting capability, or how the
file actually looks like at all times?
Or more along the lines of turning the current selection back and
forth between the two styles?

Hm, looking at it again, it might not be too easy to accomplish atm,
at least not the active editing and moving around.
Adding headers should not be too hard, but having cells spanning more
than one columns would not be too easy to do (emphasis on "too"
here :) ). It would definitely be worth it though, to have the two
systems consistent.

Exporting to a multimarkdown array could be done probably with almost
no pain.

I mainly use spreadsheets to keep grade score for my classes, compute
averages etc, so I haven't had the need for much fancy stuff like
that, I was mainly interested on basic computing capabilities,
formatting into columns and easy navigation between cells. I guess I
should start thinking about it though, there seems to be a fair
amount of interest in this. :)

> Brad

Haris