[TxMt] I wonder: format=flowed

Nick Stenning nick+lists at whiteink.com
Fri Apr 21 22:36:03 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I've recently switched to using mutt to handle my mail, which was getting a
bit out of hand.

As a result, I now use TextMate when writing emails and it occurred to me
that it would be lovely if TM supported format=flowed text.

The basic idea is this: instead of the horrible quoted mess that often
results in long threads, where some lines miss the quoting etc etc.

A full description can be found at http://joeclark.org/ffaq.html, and
technical details at http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1625hq.html and
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt

My question is this: would it be feasible to implement this in TM, either in
the core or as a plugin, so that f=f text can be displayed, rewrapped and
reflowed? I suppose since the format=flowed headers come within the text of
the document, it would make more sense if it were a plugin, to be switched
on and off at will.

Anyone have any comments/suggestions?

Regards,
Nick