[TxMt] FileMerge commands

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Apr 21 14:17:27 UTC 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:58 PM, thomas Aylott wrote:

>> I didn't want to suggest that myself, but it makes sense. Ideally
>> I think the way to go would be to integrate it with the existing
>> Subversion bundle and check an environment variable (created by
>> the user) to determine whether to use diff or FileMerge.
>
> Actually, I was thinking of them as more options in the list.
> I have good use for both and I'd want to choose each time.

There are likely to be additional diff utilities in the future, so
that might not scale. I think the environment variable is a better
overall solution. (I'd also prefer not to clutter the list with
duplicate diff entries if we can avoid it. It's already pretty big,
even though it's still missing a number of commands.)

However, at least for now, the diff commands could perhaps check to
see whether a particular modifier key is held down and do the
opposite of the environment variable setting.

Chris