[TxMt] Django bundle

Paul Bissex paul.bissex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:14:55 UTC 2006

On 4/12/06, David Reynolds <lists at davidreynolds.me.uk> wrote:
> I've been using the bundles from SVN for some time, but have only
> just noticed the snippets for django (slow, I know). I've  noticed
> that the django bundle seems to have syntax for the magic-removal
> branch of django.  Do the creators of this bundle (Wilson Miner and
> Paul Bissex, I believe), have an older bundle which is relevant for
> django 0.91? It would be very useful for me (and perhaps others) to
> have this.

I'm the perpetrator of the Django-Python part of this bundle, yes.
Sorry for the delay in responding -- I didn't notice this queston
until Wilson tipped me off to it just now.

I'm afraid that I've only created these snippets for magic-removal.
Besides self-interest (I use M-R), I thought M-R was a better choice
because, generally speaking, repository TextMate bundle users are
early adopters, and M-R is the "early adopter" branch of Django.
There's also the obvious advantage that when M-R becomes mainline
Django ("soon," probably this summer), the bundle will be instantly
ready.

Even so, I think you could get a lot of use out of the current
snippets by changing models.* to meta.* everywhere and changing the
model snippet to use the old META internal class instead of the new
Meta and Admin internal classes.

If you end up doing this and felt like sharing your version of the
bundle, we could link to it from the TextMate page on the Django wiki
(http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/TextMate).

pb

--
Paul Bissex