[TxMt] Sending command to R

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:12:29 UTC 2006

I have

osascript -e 'tell application "R" to activate' -e "tell application
\"R\" to cmd \"${TM_SELECTED_TEXT//\"/\\\"}\"" &

in my local bundle (note the ampersand which will at least prevent
textmate from locking up by running the applescript in the background)

As Jeff mentioned, upgrading your R may also help (I have since
stopped using the R GUI so I can't confirm this myself, although I do
remember a few related messages on R-SIG-MAC)

It's nice to know that there are some fellow R users using textmate.

Hadley