[TxMt] using rsync to enable the project drawer while working on a remote server

Ollivier Robert roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr
Tue Apr 18 13:12:29 UTC 2006

According to Gerd Knops:
> Linux has Fuse, which makes it quite easy to write file systems in
> userspace code. I wish there were something similar for OS X. That
> would make it quite easy to implement file systems based on sftp
> etc.,

This is [again] where a VCS (or even better a distributed VCS) shines. You
work locally and commit/clone/push/whatever your modifications to your
production/pre-test/test machine.

You get the same advantages as rsync/transmit/fugu but you also have
history, rollback and all the good stuff coming from VCSes...

> or even file systems that hook directly into svn etc.

Transparent VCS are not IMHO a good idea, you lose many of the advantages
running one if you don't know it...
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005