[TxMt] Ruby Idioms Bundle Now Available

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Thu Apr 13 17:07:12 UTC 2006

On Apr 13, 2006, at 11:19 AM, thomas Aylott wrote:

>> Drop in it and start trying some snippets, macros and commands.  ;)
>
> Would you do us the honor of demoing how to use some of these?

Hmm, hadn't thought of that.  I might consider doing a screencast,
when I have a little free time.  Would that be helpful?

> For example, the downto (dow) snippet seems pretty complex for what
> it outputs at first glance. What fancy stuff does it do that we
> just don't notice?

It's common for me to insert a time/upto/downto without needing the
passed variable.  If you delete it, it will remove the vertical bars
for the argument.  When I do this though, I follow it up with an
immediate tab, to shut off snippet behavior.  Try deleting the arg,
typing something, delete that, push tab, and type again so you can
see what I am talking about.  (This would not be easy to show in a
screencast.  :(  )

It's another one of those personal touches.  Hope it doesn't drive
too many people crazy.  ;)

James Edward Gray II