[TxMt] MultiMarkdown in TextMate

Mark Eli Kalderon m.kalderon at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 12 19:45:02 UTC 2006

On 12 Apr 2006, at 20:02, Brad Miller wrote:

> When the document is in MultiMarkdown mode ctrl-shift-m tries to
> run the command 'convert to markdown.'  Not preview in browser.
> Now that I look at it carefully I'm not sure who wrote that command
> or what it is supposed to do.  MultiMarkdown does not include a
> file called markdown.xsl as far as I can tell.
>
> ??Anyone??

Dear Brad,

markdown.xsl[1] converts xhtml to markdown syntax. The comments:

> # This command works well when you use the TextMate service from a
> # web-log editor like Ecto or MarsEdit.  You can write in markdown
> # and then convert back to html before save and close.

provide the rationale for both the Convert to html and Convert to
markdown commands. Not my usage case, but there are other legitimate
uses for this, I think---if you wanted to feed an xhtml doc into your
markdown based workflow, say.

All the best, Mark

[1] http://www.lowerelement.com/Geekery/XML/XHTML-to-Markdown.html