[TxMt] "Sub scopes"

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 19:26:29 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 12:31 PM, Martin Ström wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently extending the JavaScript and the "Prototype &
> Scriptaculous" bundles [1] but noticed one thing. When a language
> has a "sub scope" like in this case (since prototype is a
> JavaScript framework, the parent scope is JavaScript") shouldn't
> the scopeName be 'source.js.prototype' instead of
> 'source.prototype.js'?
>
> Otherwise the reglar JavaScript bundle items wouldn't work, would
> they? See the attached plist file,
>
> Ciao
> Martin
>
> [1] http://encytemedia.com/blog/articles/2006/01/03/textmate-
> vibrant-ink-theme-and-prototype-bundle

You might want to check out my JavaScript extras stuff.
I have much better folding rules, for instance. (better K&R style
support & comment folding)
I also just added a completion pref for prototype (not yet complete).

http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/Javascript%20Extras%20—
%20subtleGradient.tmbundle/

It's in a SVN repo, so you could just do an export of that url.

Are you expanding the JavaScript syntax, the Prototype &
Scriptaculous syntax or making a new one? If yours is any good, i'll
probly want to have my wrappers use yours instead.

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient—oblivious at subtleGradient.com